DALINC Discussion Series
Workshops are being scheduled for Fall 2022-Spring 2023. More information will be available at a later date.
Workshops attended or viewed after the fact may be submitted to the State Library of Iowa to be considered for Continuing Education credits. Access the State Library of Iowa Request for External CE Credit form. Other states may have their own similar process.
Future DALINC Discussions:
Past DALINC Discussions:
- Amanda Vazquez, Director, Dubuque County Library District, Iowa Library Association Intellectual Freedom Committee Chair
Unfortunately, a recording of this session is not available.
Reference Interviews & Customer Service
- John Leonard Berg, Reference Coordinator– Univ. of Wisconsin–Platteville (Moderator)
- Victor Lieberman, Learning Resources Coordinator, Peosta Campus– Northeast Iowa Community College
- Ericka Raber, Library Services Coordinator and Cataloger– Dubuque Community School District
- Katie Pauls, Library Director–Maquoketa Public Library
This first of 4 DALINC discussion workshops will focus on the provision of reference & customer service in a library setting. The panelists will discuss how contemporary reference and public service is provided in different library settings–public, school, community college, and university. As well is having a focus on how things are now, there will also be a conversation about what future trends seem on the horizon, and perhaps what aspects of reference services have endured over time, if maybe in an evolving context.
How is ILL Handled Locally
- Paula Cook– Carnegie-Stout Public Library
- Deb Stephenson– Carnegie-Stout Public Library
- Susan Leibold– Clarke University
- Lisa Finnegan– Loras College
This second of 4 DALINC workshops will feature discussions of how interlibrary loan is handled at different libraries. Potential items include: SILO, Tipasa, ILLIAD, Rapid ILL, Doc. Delivery, Mobius, and much, much more. Be prepared to ask questions and also be involved in the conversation.
Privacy & Confidentiality
- Joe Letriz– University of Dubuque
- Sarah Slaughter– University of Dubuque
- Becky Heil– State Library of Iowa
This DALINC workshop will focus on privacy and confidentiality in libraries.