DALINC Discussion Series
How is ILL Handled Locally
Wednesday, October 8, 2021, 8:30 AM
Teams Meeting (Click here to access the meeting)
- Paula Cook– Carnegie-Stout Public Library
- Deb Stephenson– Carnegie-Stout Public Library
- Susan Leibold– Clarke University
- Lisa Finnegan– Loras College
This second of 4 DALINC workshops will feature discussions of how interlibrary loan is handled at different libraries. Potential items include: SILO, Tipasa, ILLIAD, Rapid ILL, Doc. Delivery, Mobius, and much, much more. Be prepared to ask questions and also be involved in the conversation.
Future DALINC Discussions:
February 9, 2022: Privacy & Confidentiality
April 13, 2022: Intellectual Freedom
Past DALINC Discussions:
Reference Interviews & Customer Service
Wednesday, October 13, 2021, 8:30-10 AM
Northeast Iowa Community College, Library Room 200F or by Zoom
- John Leonard Berg, Reference Coordinator– Univ. of Wisconsin–Platteville (Moderator)
- Victor Lieberman, Learning Resources Coordinator, Peosta Campus– Northeast Iowa Community College
- Ericka Raber, Library Services Coordinator and Cataloger– Dubuque Community School District
- Katie Pauls, Library Director–Maquoketa Public Library
This first of 4 DALINC discussion workshops will focus on the provision of reference & customer service in a library setting. The panelists will discuss how contemporary reference and public service is provided in different library settings–public, school, community college, and university. As well is having a focus on how things are now, there will also be a conversation about what future trends seem on the horizon, and perhaps what aspects of reference services have endured over time, if maybe in an evolving context.
Attendees are invited to come with questions if attending in person and participate in the conversation. Remote attendees are also invited to submit questions using this online form which will be discussed at the workshop.